Package of the Month
- 1 - 3" dia x 6" tall paper tube
- 2 large end caps
- Gift wrap cut into 6" x 10" rectangle
- 1 1/2" yards of Seam Binding in Red
- 1 small yellow luggage tag (sold in 25 pkg)
- 1 pkg of Yellow Flags (2 sheets per pkg)
- 1 pkg of 2.5" White Circle labels
- Yellow shred (sold in 6 oz pkg)
- Glue stick or double stick tape, Scissors, Awl, Hole punch
Using glue stick or double-stick tape adhere the gift wrap to the outside of the paper tube.
Designate a bottom and again using glue or tape adhere bottom end cap.
With the flags, using the word template found here, print out single letters for the word "Happy Birthday". Cut out each flag and punch two holes along the short end of each flag.
Using the circle labels, with the word template found here. Create a word art with word and write out a birthday message in the circle format. Print onto circle label. Place onto outside center of end cap.
Using an awl or x-acto, find center of end cap and punch a small hole through the center.
With seam binding create a small handle at the top and tie a knot to form a pull loop.
String letters onto seam binding leaving enough room between each letter so that they do not overlap.
Feed the seam binding handle through end cap.
Add yellow luggage tag with "pull me" hand written onto the tag.
Fill tube with shred and goodies and carefully place flags into tube.
Notes: When printing always try a test print onto plain paper to be sure everything is aligned. Also it's nearly impossible to print circles perfectly centered onto a circle label. The flags take up almost half the tube space.